Wednesday 23 April 2014

French Pharmacy Haul

Hi guys! So as those of you who read my last post will know, I was in France recently, and of course, I raided the pharmacy looking for French brands which are overpriced or hard to get hold of in England. I was slightly overwhelmed at the mass amount of products and brands on offer, so I just picked up a few bits I thought I couldn't go wrong with.



Obviously I had to get some Bioderma! I mean a beauty blogger couldn't go to a French pharmacy and not pick up a bottle... Or two... Or three right? I bought two rather large 500ml bottles of the original formula, a small, travel sized bottle of the oily/combo skin version and a tube of the '3 in 1 tinted care'. This is basically an acne treatment/foundation/colour corrector in one! In the lid, there is a green concealer for redness and a treatment bb cream/foundation in the tube. I'm quite excited to try this so there might be a review coming up soon!

Then I picked up the Ren Clay Cleanser. I must say on first impressions, I was quite put off by the odd, punjent smell, but once I had gotten used to that, I fell in love with this cleanser instantly. My skincare routine now consists of removing the bulk of my makeup with a cotton pad of Bioderma, then thoroughly washing my face with the Ren cleanser. After using these two, my skin feels baby soft and really clean but not tight.

After about 6 hours in the car travelling, my lips were very dried out and I had only brought a lipstick with me and no balms (a mistake I will not be making again) so I was raiding the shelves for a lip balm or treatment that was less than €10 incase I ended up not liking it. I decided to pick up this 'Bio Beauté by Nuxe Raspberry Tinted Repairing Lip Balm' (that's a longgg name). I ended up loving it! Texture wise, I would say it's like a raspberry sorbet or smoothie but it leaves your lips feeling like butter and completely soothed all the dryness and chapped parts of my lips.

So that's everything I got from France! I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to know what bits you recommend I look at next time I go! :)

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment