Sunday 22 December 2013

Guest Post// Drugstore Look// A Topsy Turvy Blog

Hey Everyone! My name’s Casey. I run A Topsy Turvy Blog. I'm really excited to share this Drug store Look with you all.

There are so many great products in drug stores nowadays - it isn't difficult to create a lovely look for less! The products I'm using are all my favourite drug store picks, and I highly recommend them.


I started off this look using the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer - this one is targeted at drier skin, though they do a matte version for more oily skin types. This is the best drug store primer I've found for us with drier skin types.

For a light base, I've chosen the L’Oreal True Match Foundation - I love this foundation, and it’s the best drug store one I've personally come across. It’s coverage is decent, it isn't cakey, and doesn't settle into pores. It’s just everything I want from a foundation - More dewy/natural over matte.

To conceal under my eyes, I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer - I'm not a fan of the Collection one, and I know there’s another one like the YSL Touche Eclat, but this is just right for my skin tone, type and conceals dark circles perfectly. I don’t suffer from blemishes, so if you do, don’t go for this as it’ll enhance/highlight any blemish.

I’m a big fan of peach blushes, and the Sleek Pan Tao Blush one is to die for. It does took so intense in the pan, and the pigmentation is great for a drug store brand, but this, and all their blushes are really worth looking at if you've never tried them. They’re only £5, or you can get a blush by 3 palette for £10.

Eyes time! The Max Factor mascaras are perfect for those of us who are picky. They have a mascara for everyone - even though they’re more of a high price tag, I think they’re worth what you pay for. I've been using the Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof Mascra for a few months now and haven’t found myself using anything else. I'm not a big fan of the curvy wand, but I can forgive it because of the look it gives.

Finally on my lips, I used the 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive - This is a cult favourite and was raved about so much last year - though it’s seemed to have died down now, I still love this lipstick as it’s a great, cheap light pink lipstick for those who want a natural nude lip.



I hope you've all enjoyed this tutorial (of sorts). I used the Real Techniques brushes to apply all of my make up - If you haven’t heard about these, you've been under a rock! They’re the best drug store brushes (next to Ecotools).

What’s your favourite drug store make-up pick?

Don’t forget to hop over to A Topsy Turvy Blog to say Hello!

Hope you guys liked Casey's post, go check out her blog here: caseyslifeandotherstuff.blogspot.co.uk

Jess x

5 comments: