Saturday 21 December 2013

Beauty UK Review

Hi guys! Now, I was always a bit of a 'makeup snob', thinking that products are only worth buying if they cost at least £15. Anything less is going to be bad quality right? WRONG! You can find some amazing makeup and other cosmetics for a fraction of the price in the drugstore, and the brand Beauty UK (available in Superdrug) just goes to show this!

You can find their website here: http://www.beautyukcosmetics.com

I tried out the lipstick in the shade Cupcake and the eyeshadow/eyeliner palette in Amazon. I was so impressed at the quality of both of these products.

To start off with, the eyeshadow and gel liner palette (RRP £3.99) is an absolute bargain. Not only does this lovely set cost less than a fiver, but the quality is amazing too. All 6 eyeshadows are soooo pigmented! And the gel liners glide on really smooth too. I was even impressed with the double ended brush for application. So there are 6 shades, a shimmery bronze, a lighter bronze/gold shade, a deep purpley brown, a glittery white, an orange/rust colour and a dark grey shade. The gel liners are black and brown. All 6 of these shades are so wearable, especially for the holiday season because they're so shimmery and warm toned. They really bring out my green eyes so I tried a look using all the colours and I love it! 

I really love the lipstick too! Again, it's very pigmented which is great. I started off by exfoliating my lips with sugar so there was no dry skin on my lips, I then lightly dabbed the lipstick all over and blended it out with my finger. I really love this colour, a pale 'barbie' pink, as it provides an alternative to the classic red lip at Christmas time. It smells slightly minty which is a nice touch and lasted really well on the lips.

Overall, I am so impressed with the products I have tried and I will definitely be picking up some more makeup from their brand in the future!

Disclaimer- I was lucky enough to receive these products from Beauty UK to review, but all the views and opinions are 100% my own.

Jess x


2 comments:

  1. Really nice review! I'd love to get the pink lipstick for myself! <3

    http://longdistancecollegelove.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it out great value for money! Xx

      Delete