Sunday 8 December 2013

Empty Products

It's not very often that I finish up products, maybe it's because I am always trying out different things (I know, I'm such a cosmetics slut). It's actually taken me 2 months just to collect 5 products believe it or not. The good thing about empty products is that you can talk about how long the product lasts, which you can't really tell in a shop.... So, let the beauty talk commence.


John Frieda Full Repair Mask
(This is the red tub in the corner with no label on, I get very bored in the bath sometimes :p) I really loved this product as a deep conditioner to repair my poor hair that has been bleached then dyed so many times beyond count. I used it once a week and I got 8 uses out of it and I have quite a lot of hair so great value for money here. I found that you got the best results by leaving this in your hair for about 30 minutes to an hour and rinsing out with hot water. After I used this, my frizz prone hair would stay silky soft for up to 3 days.
How long did it last? 8 uses!
Repurchase? Definitely!!

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter
When this range first came out, I didn't bother trying any of the chocolate scented products because I thought they would be too sickly sweet. But when I ran out of my usual coconut body butter, I decided to mix it up and go for chocolate and I am so glad I did!! This stuff smells INCREDIBLE and I know I've already talked about it in a few older posts, but seriously- every time I wear this I get so many compliments. In texture, it's quite hard but it soons softens as you rub it on your skin. It leaves my whole body feeling luxuriously soft and smelling like rich cocoa powder all day long.
How long did it last? Daily and all over my body for 2 months.
Repurchase? I already have haha!

The Body Shop Cherry Body Scrub
This is one of those products that I got as a present and although I liked it, I don't miss it now it's gone if you get my drift? It was very runny and liquidy in texture which made application difficult, but it had large exfoliating beads and smelt lovely on the other hand.
How long did it last? 3 months(ish)
Repurchase? Probably not, no :/

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I really do have mixed views towards this product. Although it separates and lengthens the lashes beautifully, the plastic applicator fails to add enough volume for me. I know mascara is a very personal thing so if you prefer the more natural look, then this would be great for you!
How long did it last? 10 months with irregular use before eventually drying up
Repurchase? No

Benefit POREfessional Primer
I know, another benefit product! These mainly got used up because I felt guilty for spending so much money on them and never using them!! Ok so I do quite like this product, it's skin coloured so gives a hint of coverage and smooths over the skin perfectly to create a great base for foundation. I have really open pores and this managed to reduce their appearance during the day and cleared out with my cleanser so it didn't clog up my pores. BUT (and this is a big but) I don't feel like it made my foundation last significantly longer, in fact, I felt like it made it slip off more. I know this product is mainly for reducing the appearance of pores, but what's the point when your makeup is going to come off anyway? Especially when you are paying around the £20 mark. This is only my personal experience and I have oily/combination skin so if your skin is on the drier side and you have rather visable pores then this will probably be perfect for you!
How long did it last? 4 months with daily use
Repurchase? No

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions and I hope this post helped if you were thinking about purchasing these products!

Jess x

2 comments:

  1. That body butter smells insanely good. Its the reasons I buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! It makes you smell so edible haha! X

      Delete