Friday 28 February 2014

Spring Beauty Essentials

Hi everyone! February has gone so fast and I can't believe it's going to be March in a few days! But that means spring is nearly here and the pastels and bright colours can come out :D here are a few of my beauty must haves for spring time, enjoy!




Pastel hair
I have white/silver hair and one of my favourite things to do is experiment with pastel colours and my favourite product to do this is the Bleach London Super Cool Colour. They are only £5 from Boots and come in about 10 different colours. They are semi permanent but I always mix them in with a conditioner to give a 'pink rinse' effect (or whatever colour you choose!) I think pastel hair looks good all over, dip dyed and I really have been loving pastel roots in blonde hair! :)



Bright blushes
As I'm quite pale, I can often look really washed out in the winter when I don't have a tan or haven't fake tanned, so I think a bright blush that adds a pop of colour to you face can make all the difference in your appearance. Here are my 2 favourites, both are super affordable too. I love the NYX Blush Rose Garden and Sleek Blush Pixie Pink. They both have great colour payoff as well as lasting power, so if you're on the market for a new blush for spring, I'd definitely reccomend these products :)



Pastel nails
Pastel nails for spring? Shocking! I know it's predictable, but I absolutely love pastel colours on my nails during spring because you can get so many beautiful pale shades and they make you look more tanned. I think Essie have a great range of pastel shades and here are my 3 favourites; FijiMint Candy Apple and Lilacism.



Lip butters
I adore pink lips, especially a paler shade of pink because I think it makes your face look healthy and ties up any makeup look. I'm not a massive fan of pink pale lipsticks though as I prefer more natural looking pink lips. Firstly, I love the Revlon Lip Butters which are a sheer, moisterising lip stick/balm/butter and they're super creamy as well as hydrating for chapped lips. I have the shades Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait

Lipglosses
I am so so glad glossy lips are back in because I think they look gorgeous and make your lips look full, plump and healthy. 3 of my favourites are NYX Butter Gloss Maple Blondie which is a super thick, but not sticky, creamy gloss that lasts for hours! Next up is NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss Beige which, in my opinion, is the perfect pink lipgloss. It's not too pink or red or peachy or brown toned, it smells like sweets and applies evenly. My last beauty essential for spring is probably one of my all time favourite products; Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter 01. I cannot rave enough about this product- it gets rid of any dryness on your lips within hours, tastes like vanilla and sugar and gives a beautiful, sheer gloss with zero stickiness; the perfect every day lipgloss!



I hope you enjoyed my spring essentials and I would love to know what products you couldn't live without in spring!

Jess x

4 comments:

  1. This post is so cute! I really liked all of your choices, ESPECIALLY those three nail polishes! Thank you for the recommendation I must go purchase them :)

    xoxo
    Vero.

    http://veroniquegee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pastel colours and I'm so happy their back in trend!! Such a nice choice of products!! Love the blushes you chose x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilacism is one of those nail polishes I keep wanting to buy but just haven't! Check out my February beauty favorites -- I think you'll love the nail polish I included!

    http://daniellecaliforniaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad that lipglosses are back in trend too, and recently I've just been using lip glosses and lip balm sticks instead of lipsticks!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete