Saturday 8 February 2014

Revlon Balms// Review

I have just wrote up 5 new beauty posts that will be up next week so that's my apology for being the worst blogger ever! But mock exams and my birthday and driving lessons and general life just gets in the way sometimes but I will make up for it with a review on one of my favourite drugstore products, Revlon Balm Stains.

As far as I am aware, there are 3 different variations of this product; the colour boost matte balms, the colour boost lacquer balms and the original balm stain. I have tried out all 3 formulas and if you keep reading, you will find out which one came out on top!


From left to right, I have the shades 001 honey, 005 crush, 115 whimsical, 220 showy and 205 elusive





I decided to pick one from each range to compare, so I chose whimsical, crush and showy as they are all wintery shades I knew would be the most wearable for this time of year and I could really put to the test. Honey is a typical berry shade, showy is a blue toned fushia and whimsical is a dark, shimmery pink.



Here are the first swatches, as you can see, the balm stain came out quite glossy but not too sheer. The matt balm came out really opaque and pigmented and the lacquer balm is very sheer and glossy. Upon application, they all felt smooth and silky and smelt like peppermint (yum) I found the matt balm had the best colour payoff, the balm stain gave my lips a plump, glossy look and the lacquer balm gave a slight tint of colour, but felt the most nourishing.


After intense rubbing/washing, here is the result of the swatches! The matt balm and balm stain stayed out my skin and still appear quite pigmented, which is what I found when they were on my lips too. The  lacquer balm quickly washed off though.

And the winner was..... The matt balm in showy! I really loved the formula of all 3, but this version lasted all day with 2 or 3 touch ups after eating and drinking. For a matt lip product, it wasn't drying on the lips at all like I thought it would be. I LOVE the colour too! It's a bright pink with blue undertones which makes your teeth look whiter. It also complimented my ashy hair, fair hair and green eyes perfectly.

Hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know if you've tried any Revlon lip products and what your opinions were!

Jess x

2 comments:

  1. I reeeeally want to try these, they look fab!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! I love the Balm Stains because they last so long. I really like the shade Honey.But I have never tried the other kinds. I may have to pick one up!

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete