Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas Haul

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas! I was so lucky this year and I got some amazing presents from all my family and friends. I won't show all my presents, not in a spoilt way, in a 'I don't want to bore you with 100 pairs of socks and pyjamas' way haha :P

I have spent all morning reading and watching other people's Christmas hauls, I just love seeing what people have got!

I feel so fortunate this year and I got some amazing makeup products I've been wanting for ages. Here are some of the MAC and Smashbox things I got.

MAC Mineralize skin finish soft and gentle// satin lipstick rebel// eyeshadow duo double feature 1// eyeshaow duo double feature 6// eyeshadow quad woodwinked and all that glitters// 

Smashbox jet set waterproof gel eyeliner deep purple

I got 2 Babyliss hair irons, the Wave Envy crimping wand and the Babyliss Boutique Soft Waves curling iron. I used the soft waves curler on Christmas Day and I really love it! I did my whole hair in about 7-8 minutes, which is pretty impressive because I have quite long, thick hair :) it's a really thick
barrel so the curls are loose and soft looking- really effortless! I haven't tried out the wave envy iron yet, but I might do a tutorial with some of the new hair products I got in the new year!

As some of you may know, I am a HUGE One Direction fan and my family know this, as you might be able to see from my lovely collection of 1D merchandise haha! I also got tickets to see them in May with my friend Alice from T4intedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

I ran out of all my perfumes this year, so I was so pleased when I got a large selection of perfumes for Christmas! My favourite perfume range is the Fantasy line by Britney Spears, I got a large bottle of the original and a bottle of her Midnight Fantasy too! I also got this lovely set from Estée Lauder of 4 of their best selling perfumes, it includes Modern Muse, Sensuous Nude, Pleasure and Beautiful. They all smell completely different, so I will always have a choice of scent when I go out! My personal favourite is sensuous nude which is a lovely every day scent. 
 

My grandma bought be the Estée Lauder set last year, and all I can say is that it's just as good this year! The whole set comes in a classy navy pebbled bag with a matching gold purse. The whole set has a gold themed packaging. The 2 palettes contain eyeshadows and blushes. My favourite product from the set is probably the Sumptous Extreme mascara, my one from last year has just about dried up so I was so happy I got a new one this year! The brush is so thick and bristly so gives a lengthened and voluminous look.

Here are a few more cosmetic bits and bobs I got! My friend got me 6 Benefit ultra plush lip glosses which I adore! All the shades are so wearable and they last so long. I got yet another Body Shop body butter in Honeymania and it smells so sweet and rich. This moiterizer is unbeatable for the price of £13 as there are so many scents to choose from and they keep your skin soft for days on end! I got some Urban Fudge hair products; my favourite hair styling brand! My mum got me the Iced Coconut Cocktail Hairspray which keeps any hair style in place all day without making it crunchy, which is the worst! Plus it smells all fruity and coconutty :) I got another bottle of my favourite Sea Salt Texturizing Spray too, as per reccomendation of my role model, Lou Teasdale. My favourite range from Body Shop is Chocomania and I got a body wash which smells like melted chocolate mm!

2 of my favourite presents were some high end skin care products. I love my Origins zero oil cleanser so I was thrilled when I got the Origins Out of Trouble mask which I'm so excited to try out because my skin really starts playing up when I'm eating so many chocolates :P I finally got the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo that I saw on Tanya Burr's blog months ago and I'm so pleased I have finally got my hands on it. I tried it out last night and my skin feels so soft and nourished.

When it comes to scented products, I love anything sweet and rich smelling, so I was so lucky to get all of these body shop products. I am going to be smelling like a walking talking chocolate bar haha! I love my box sets and this year I got the complete collection of Gossip Girl. I know what I will be doing this holiday ;)

What did you guys get for Christmas this year?

Jess x

4 comments:

  1. mineralise skin finish is THE best jess!!! can we pls have a 1d movie sleepover soon??? haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it! Yessss come over soon!! Xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to know how you get on with the hair tools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a review on them both next week :)

      Delete